Statement of FaithWe believe...
1. We believe the Bible is God’s verbally inspired word and is therefore our final authority.
(II Tim. 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20, Jude 3)
2. We believe the one and only true God is perfectly holy, infinite in power, knowledge and wisdom, and is full of mercy and grace. He created the world as stated in the Bible and He sustains it. All are accountable to Him and should honor, praise, and serve Him.
(Deut. 6:4, Matt. 28:19, Luke 3:21-22)
3. We believe all men are sinners and totally depraved. All will be judged by God and punished forever unless they are saved by His grace.
(Gen. 1:26-27, 2:16-17, 3:6-19; Rom. 3:10-23, 6:23, 7:18, 11:32; Gal. 3:22)
4. We believe salvation is of the Lord and comes because of His mercy and grace. The Father plans it, the Son pays for it, and the Holy Spirit provides it. Jesus Christ is God and man. He was virgin born, without sin, died for sin; rose again, ascended to heaven, and will return to the earth at the set time.
(Rom. 3:24-28, 5:8-10; I Tim. 2:5-6; I John 2:1-2, John 20:1-29; Acts 1:9-22; Eph. 1:20-23; Heb. 1:3; Acts 1:11; I Thes. 4:3-18; I cor. 15:51-58; Rev. 19:11-16, 20:1-6)
5. We believe a person is saved when he receives Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. He receives Christ when he repents toward God and believes on Christ as his Savior. A saved person has been born again, and will live a new kind of life. He will seek to be like his Savior in life and service.
(Rom 3:24-28; I Cor. 12:13; Eph. 4:30)
6. We believe a saved person should join a New Testament Church by baptism and should support it with his time, talent, and money.
(Act 2:1-47; Rom 12:1-8; I Cor. 12:1-31; Eph. 1:22-23)
7. We believe in Baptism by immersion of the believer: An outward sign of an inward change.
8. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit; gifts of the Spirit; and evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, as separate from the new birth, and that all are available to the believer.
(Acts 1:4-8, 2:4; I Cor. 14:1; Gal. 5:22-23)
9. We believe in sanctification through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit and in personal holiness of heart and life.
(John 17:17; I Cor. 1:13; Hebrews 13:12; I Peter 8:15)
10. We believe in divine healing, and deliverance through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing and deliverance is included in the Atonement.
( Acts 4:22; Acts 5:16; I Peter 2:24)
11. We believe Jesus is coming again to take the saved and give them new bodies and reward them, to punish the lost, and to set up His perfect kingdom upon the earth.
(Acts 1:11, I Thes. 4:3-18; I Cor. 15:51-58; II Peter 3:1-13; Rev. 19:11-16, 20:1-6)
12. We believe marriage has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that god intends sexual intimacy to occur only within the confines of marriage.
(Gen. 1:26-28; 2:24, Matt.19:1-10, Eph. 5:22-33, Heb. 13:4)
13. We believe that children are a blessing from the Lord. Thus all human life is sacred and worthy or protection from the moment of conception.
(Psalms 127; 139:13-16)