Christian Honor Society
Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines honor as “true nobleness of mind; magnanimity; dignified respect for moral rectitude; a distinguished trait in the character of good men.” It is with this sense that our Christian honor society has been formed, that we would encourage such traits in our Christian students.
In scripture we are encouraged to be “…doers of the Word, and not hearers only,” and in this sense the Christian Honor Society desires to find avenues of service that demonstrate its Christianity in action. Members of the Christian Honor Society are required to participate in group community outreach projects which are in addition to the CCA required community service hours. The initial planning meetings for these outreach projects take place at the Anthony Munoz Foundation Youth Leadership Seminar.
- Seeks to demonstrate Christ-like behavior in thought, word, and deed.
- Seeks to stand for righteousness, even when such a stand may be unpopular.
- Evidences spiritual growth in the areas of the fruit of the Spirit. (Gal. 5:22)
- Takes criticism willingly and accepts recommendations graciously.
- Observes instructions and rules in the proper attitude and spirit, and willingly complies with regulations regarding dress code and behavior at school.
- Has a heartfelt desire to participate in spreading the Gospel as stated in the Great Commission.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities in the classroom, at work, at home, and in school activities.
- Is thoroughly dependable in any assigned responsibility.
- Demonstrates academic initiative.
- Is able to set goals and use methods to effectively accomplish them.
- Maintains a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Seeks to work to his/her potential in all subjects or courses of study.
- Is prompt with homework and class assignments.
- Is seeking the Lord’s direction as it may apply to advanced schooling.
- Has a willingness to witness and be the best possible representative for Jesus Christ.
- Is able to recognize the needs of others and to respond in the spirit of compassion and humility.
- Renders service or assistance with a positive attitude.
- Displays courtesy in the assistance of visitors, parents, teachers, and other students.
Christian Honor Student Association
As a Christian Honor Student, I do hereby solemnly and sincerely pledge to endeavor to reflect the glory of the Lord in my character, leadership, scholarship, and service.
I will seek to stand for righteousness, even when such a stand may be unpopular. I will do my best to demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, and show courtesy, compassion, and respect for others.
I will be an example to others in my word, in conversation, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity. I will lead an ethical and moral life and will abstain from all appearance of evil.
I will study to show myself approved unto God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, for I recognize that the beginning of knowledge and wisdom is the fear of the Lord.
I will have a willingness to witness and be the best possible representative for Jesus Christ. I will strive to recognize the needs of others and respond in the spirit of compassion and humility, remembering the words of our Lord that “whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.”
All this I will do with the help and grace of the Holy Spirit, for it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.